Putting eggs in an abstract bird's nest makes it less abstract, but sometimes I like the mix things up and sometimes it works very well. This is one of those occasions. I also decided to go more "nature" with the colors.
This is my largest painting I have done the last months, and probably the last painting I did before my spring break. Working large give me the space to go for it, but can also be a challenge, finding the right size variation and right amount of details.
This flower abstraction remind me of flowers glowing in the moonlight, no idea why, but that is the feeling I get.
I know I should be painting, but time is better spent right now by preparing things for the "Easter exhibition" and spring is knocking on the door and so much to prepare and plan for the coming work in the garden. Will rework the front of the house, where we built the new fence and we will also ad two Fig trees to the mix of eatable trees and bushes.
We are done with all the fencing, small part in the back left from the previous owner, but we leave it for now. Our latest addition is a gate between the house and the storehouse (connected). We wanted to make the main garden an isolated unit, with some protection from animals that might be interested in our crops and berries.
This is how it looks now. (last picture show what it looked like last summer).
I think this is the last painting I finished before I shift my focus to making frames for the Easter exhibition and garden projects. It is a small berry abstraction and it was a challenge to balance simplicity with enough details to make it vivid.
We did the major part of the new fence yesterday, we liked it, but felt that it could be better with a few changes. We did the changes today and we feel that we made the right decision. The first version had more drama, but the final fence has better "flow". I show both versions. The neighbors were good enough to give us free hands, they didn't need the privacy, but we felt that it looked better with it.
I show the final result first and show the first attempt further down.
This is the final fence with the small changes that we did today. We had to cut one pillar/post a little and remove one to make a taller one.
This is how it looked yesterday, with 3 dramatic changes in hight.
We are not there yet, but I am looking forward to the coming season change. I painted a lot of small flower paintings last summer/autumn and I still got some to post. This one is a little looser than usual, went outside my comfort zone.
It is very "wonky" and is leaning towards our neighbor.
The fence stripped down.
I don't know if the spring is here yet, but it is going to be warmer and the snow will melt away. I have removed most of the fence in the front of our house. We will build the new fence next week if the weather are right for it.