onsdag 22 augusti 2012

Iris abstraction 18


I really needed to paint something else than trees, even if I was on a roll & liked what I was doing. I took a big painting that I only thought was OK, and painted over it with this iris duo composition. I'm not sure if it was the fact that the panel had a lot of old layers of paint, but I liked the motive, but I f......ed it up. I started again with painting one of the flower on a 20" x 20" panel, liked it (will be shown later) and then I went back to do the original composition, but on a new fresh slightly smaller panel and this is the result.

There is a slight shine in the black line (left lower corner) and it will rephotographed after I varnished it.

6 kommentarer:

  1. Very vivid! Almost like it's in motion. I like it!!
    Warm regards.

    SvaraRadera
  2. You are really branching out Roger. It's lovely to see. Your irises are so full of (e)motion and energy. They are beautiful. The canvas is alive.

    SvaraRadera
  3. You managed to get your tree motif in there on the top part of petals and I like that pattern area very much. Beautiful color harmony.

    SvaraRadera
  4. How are you painting so big and so frequently!!? I'm trying to paint larger and it's a whole other ball game. It's taking me way longer..! Anywho, enough about me, this is another sensational piece.

    SvaraRadera
  5. Don't you hate it when you try something you *hope* will work but secretly *know* it won't and then you go and f^&% it up? I do that all the time. So you have my sympathies. In any case this is absolutely beautiful Roger. I clicked open your blog, saw the iris, and said a mental "Ahhhh" so lovely fresh and relaxing. I love it.

    SvaraRadera
  6. Thank you all. I always have a lot of fun painting Irises. There is so many ways of doing them and it is still the same flower.

    SvaraRadera

Obs! Endast bloggmedlemmar kan kommentera.