I started this one 5 weeks ago, in the middle of my 9-10 weeks break. I had to stop painting when I realized that covering up the newly sanded and varnished floor was a bad idea, the color on the floor has to set first, otherwise you got dark and light spots.
It is finished now though (I think), I have experimented a lot, pushed my limits, tried to keep it rough enough, playful and not simplify it too much. This is the largest bird's nest painting that I have done and a real challenge since I only had the basic composition to work from.
I'm not objective enough to judge this one right now, but I learned a lot from the process.